An ASL DictionarySigning Savvy is a sign language dictionary containing several thousand high resolution videos of American Sign Language (ASL) signs, fingerspelled words, and other common signs used within the United States and Canada.
And Much More!Signing Savvy is an ideal resource to use while you learn sign language. It includes the ability to view large sign videos, build your own word lists and share them with others, create virtual flash cards and quizzes, print signs, build sign phrases, ...and more
Sign of the Day - WEDDING
Start the School Year off Right with "Back to School" Animated Lessons!
Site News | Sunday, August 24, 2014
Getting back into the routine of a new school year can be a challenge, but we’ve created 12 special “Back to School” instructional animations featuring sign language to help students make a smooth transition into the new school year. Crafted by educators, the “Back to School” lessons are designed for Pre-K, Kindergarten, First Grade, and Second Grade and include common core extension lessons, active learning tools, and practice exercises to provide a comprehensive tool to teach 12 vital school behaviors during the first 4 weeks of school.
We are so confident that you will be successful with these “Back to School” instructional animations that we are offering a free trial for 30 days! (offer expires September 12, 2014) Register for the free "Back to School" program today.
Learn about the "Back to School" program:
The 12 “Back to School” lessons include:
- Pay Attention When the Teacher is Teaching
- Keep Your Hands to Yourself
- Raise Your Hand and Wait to Be Called On
- Know Which School Supplies to Take Home
- Line Up Quietly
- Always Tell the Truth
- Respect Other People's Stuff
- Know How to Handle Bullying
- Be Quiet When Walking in the Halls
- Respect Others On the Playground
- Use Polite Words
- Ask the Teacher for Help
- Teaching and reinforcing appropriate proper behavior in children during the first weeks of school encourages better behavior throughout the entire school year.
- Children form emotional relationships with animated characters and children’s feelings about characters improve their learning.
- American Sign Language (ASL) is the language created and used by the Deaf in the United States, Canada, parts of Mexico, and some other parts of the world.
- Signs help everyone! Signs help children and adults understand and remember the concepts represented by words. Signs make learning a new word or concept easier.
Start your school year off right with the WonderGrove Learn "Back to School" animated lessons featuring sign language by Signing Savvy! The animations are a fun way for children to learn and practice sign language vocabulary, while specifically designed to fit well with an Early Childhood Curriculum - they are perfect for daily use in the home or classroom.