An ASL DictionarySigning Savvy is a sign language dictionary containing several thousand high resolution videos of American Sign Language (ASL) signs, fingerspelled words, and other common signs used within the United States and Canada.
And Much More!Signing Savvy is an ideal resource to use while you learn sign language. It includes the ability to view large sign videos, build your own word lists and share them with others, create virtual flash cards and quizzes, print signs, build sign phrases, ...and more
Sign of the Day - PIE
Ways Interpreters Can Stay Passionate
Interpreter Tips | Tuesday, December 15, 2015
You will meet interpreters who are burnt out and no longer care about doing their best. Perhaps they are satisfied with their entry level certification. Or they only go to workshops to get their required CEUs.
Here are some suggestions to keep that spark that drew you into the Interpreter profession in the first place:
- Plan to go to a workshop with interpreter friends.
- Mentor an eager Interpreter Training Program student.
- Go to deaf social events.
- Seek opportunities to team interpret.
- Network with other interpreters.
- Do pro bono interpreting work.
- Sign up with an agency to try new areas of interpreting.
- Seek out more deaf friends.
- Stay in touch with interpreter friends outside of just interpreting work.
- Look at workshops outside of your local geographic area.
- Share your experiences with others (ie. write a blog).
There are lots of ways to challenge yourself and keep your interpreting skills sharp. These tips will help you stay passionate and engaged in the community.
How do you stay passionate and engaged as an interpreter? Share your thoughts in the comments below.