2015 Read Across America Day
Read Across America Day is every year on March 2nd - Dr. Seuss’s birthday. The whole month of March is also National Reading Month. The events are used to encourage reading and literacy. Reading any book is great, but the National Education Association chooses a book every year and this year’s book is the Dr. Seuss book Oh, The Places You’ll Go.
Resources for this year’s Read Across America Day
Get the book:
Printable activities to accompany the book:
- Find these and more printable activities to accompany Dr. Seuss books at the Seussville's Read Across America page.
- The National Education Association website also has resources for planning a reading event and resources for finding free books for the classroom.
How ever you spend Read Across America Day or National Reading Month, we hope you enjoy a good book!
For more on the importance of reading to children and tips for reading with children who are deaf and hard of hearing, see our article on Tips for Reading to Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children.
- Education Association. Finding Free Books for the Classroom. Retrieved 2/27/2015 from http://www.nea.org/grants/finding-free-books.htm
- National Education Association. Plan a Reading Event. Retrieved 2/27/2015 from http://www.nea.org/grants/plan-a-reading-event.htm
- Seussville: Dr. Seuss Educators. NEA's Read Across America - March 2. Retrieved 2/27/2015 from http://www.seussville.com/Educators/educatorReadAcrossAmerica.php